Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who am I? (Jeong-Min Park)

Who am I?

Newcastle Univ. 9th
Jeong-Min Park (박정민)

#1. Why people nicknamed me ‘Mommy(엄마)’, ’Chul Su(철수)’?

When I was young, I lived with large family (Three generations). Grand parents put emphasized on the decorum; such as, polite to the elderly, practice moral and so on. As a result, I always greeted people with a smile, and help people who are needed. Therefore, I got a lot of badges, which is student of good model in school. So these badges have a special meaning to me. My parent works in double harness since I had no birth and when I was ten years old, mom got a heart disease so I got a mental shock. I used to put my cloths just on the ground and didn’t clean; however, after I got a shock, I prepare cook, wash dish, take care of my younger brother and launder instead of mother. Throughout this period, I turned mature compare to the same age of me from ten years old. As a result, people nicknamed me “어머니”, or “철수” because I have behaved well by my self, help people who are needed like “철수 (who is representation of good boy, but I don’t know why people doesn’t call me ‘영희’ that girl name)”, and encourage other people like mother(엄마).

#2. The meaning of my name ‘Park Jeong Min (박정민, 朴丁珉) that my grand father made for me.

- 朴丁珉 is a Chinese character of my name. And 박정민 is a Korean name.
To explain my name according to the five elements (metal, wood, water, fire, and earth) of Yin and Yang (음양오행설), my name is a shining gold in the water which means, I have a shining fate (shining future/achievement).

#3. My history shows my own Talents / Careers.



My parents gave me a birth with a special love.
To quote my mother’s words, When I was young, I had full of curious, follow her lesson well, very bright and wasn’t a fretful child.



Since I was young, I was got of my belly.
Not only eating, I was greedy to achieve something.
The more I grew up, the more I set lots of goal and struggle to achieve everything that I planned.

















I learnt ballet about seven years since I was a six years old.



Not only ballet I learnt art about 4 years. Then I came to know I have an artistic talent. Whenever I had a spare time, I made an artistic product, oil painting, or a sketch. Also these are my good way to get rid of my stress. I spent a teenager period, especially whenever I fell into a dilemma, I have been painting.

This picture shows my room and you can see my oil painting on the wall. The wall was animated by my hand touch. There are deer, ladybirds, and tree. Actually, there was no paint and only closet were in my room, so it was tedium. At the first time, I concerned about family’s blame that I paint on the wall; however, they all satisfied with my great work.

I made a cushion for the fist time by a sewing machine which granny gave it to me. I spent just few hours to make the cushion. My family calls me a ‘handy person’.
I have been drawn these all pictures during the middle/ high school period.
Also I drew it in my room or other places. It brings me refresh, I felt comfortable and happiness.


I’m out-going and open minded person so, I participate a lot of competition, seminal, various program and activities. These special experiences influenced my identity. In fact, I have been caught lots of chances which around me and prepare for the best. As a result, I could have developed by my self and now I’m proud of my career.

#4. My vision statement.

I have two visions. One is to be a creative education policymaker. I want to get rid of cramming system and encourage students and support them to reach their dream. I was inspired by education documentary which was deals with ‘Akita in Japan- a rural school’s miracle’. For this reason, I want to give political suggestions that take two teachers in one class, teach self-study, and expert’s education for students etc…

The other is to become a marketing expert who is managing an elderly welfare industry. I was inspired when I was a sophomore in high school society &culture class. That class deals with social problems. At that time, I came to now our society will enter the old-aged society in a few years later; however, the welfare system was weak and the elderly suffered from solitude, no job even if they are health, mental & physical disease such as ‘Parkinson’ or ‘Dementia’. As a Marketing expert in old age’s welfare system, I want to make a happy old age by helping the older to find employment, re-education, leisure activities and physical & mental therapy. Therefore, I’m planning to search that kind of system in Japan, Sweden etc… which counties are well developed about welfare system.

To make it reality, I always do brainstorming about creative education and welfare system also I try to experience any seminar or activities, which is related to my dream.

#5. Would you express yourself in a short?




I would like to express myself as a ‘Mobius strip’.
Mobius strip represents an endless of track.
I am certain that I have an infinite ability. This is why I give a challenge.
Everyday, I think positive and do my best because, I have a passionate dream.


Thank you for reading :)